Hue Medical College was established on 28th, March 1957. Its training scale has been increased by years, especially after the reunification. Since 2007, Hue Medical College was renamed as Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Hue UMP).
In general, Hue UMP is running under the direction of Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and Hue University. In particular, the University follows the direction of Ministry of Health (MOH) to develop its health specialty. According to the revised Law of Education issued in July 2015, Hue UMP, like other training centers across Vietnam, is becoming independent in conducting its training curriculum. This significant change gives promising opportunities of curriculum revision and improvement to the University. Within 60-year development, Hue UMP has trained about 20.000 doctors, pharmacists, bachelors and more than 8.000 graduate students.
In addition to training, Hue UMP also focuses on doing research and applying new medical technology in healthcare. The University has carried out several successful scientific researches at both national and international level. The number of international publication has increased over the years.
More importantly, thanks to the strengthened international relations and cooperation, the University has been supported and funded by 30 international projects to build up its human resource capacity as well as infrastructure and facilities.
The vision and strategic plan of the University toward the year 2030 is to become the national leading university; strongly focus on developing high quality training program and joint training program; improve the capacity of doing scientific research and applying technology; enhance the quality of medical services; completely conduct the model of University- University Hospital.
- Hue Science Festival International PhD Students’ Symposium Program Outline for April 27th 2018
- Hue Science Festival: International PhD Students’ Symposium Call for Abstracts
- Workshop on Infection Diagnosis: Call for Applications
- Celebration program of 60th YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
- The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN) Project Officer
- Extend the deadline for bids submission on Italian ODA project
- Inivitation for tender of providing equipment for the project "Training Against Medical Errors"
- Request for proposal of Consultancy services for Architectural planning, design and supervision and for training activities at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy