FutureDocs Abroad was created by the National Leadership Academies with the operation of Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy to give high school and undergraduate international students an opportunity right now to gain hands-on experience in real-life gross anatomy labs, operating rooms, and medical treatment rooms, and to observe human autopsies (experiences reserved only for third- and fourth-year medical students here in the United States).
The hands-on learning period will give them an undeniable competitive advantage over other students interested in pursuing a career in the field of medicine. This is one opportunity that will make them significantly stand out when applying to medical schools, writing personal statements, and more. At the same time, students will receive a substantial increase in self-confidence, having experienced a rare opportunity like this one.
Students will be split into smaller, more intimate groups for the program itself so they can participate in more activities throughout the intensive period, as well as experience a more hands-on approach. Experienced National Leadership Academies will travel with the students to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip. While English-speaking physicians from the host university will guide students in their areas of expertise through each rotation, hospital patients and most of the general population does not speak English, so students will have the opportunity to truly immerse themselves in life in Vietnam.
All FutureDocs Abroad activities will take place at the Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and its affiliated hospitals and facilities.
International programs/joint programs
- Hue Science Festival International PhD Students’ Symposium Program Outline for April 27th 2018
- Hue Science Festival: International PhD Students’ Symposium Call for Abstracts
- Workshop on Infection Diagnosis: Call for Applications
- Celebration program of 60th YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
- The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN) Project Officer
- Extend the deadline for bids submission on Italian ODA project
- Inivitation for tender of providing equipment for the project "Training Against Medical Errors"
- Request for proposal of Consultancy services for Architectural planning, design and supervision and for training activities at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy