Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy representative attended The 2019 World Federation for Medical Education World Conference in Seoul, Korea
From April 7th to April 10th 2019, Associate Professor Nguyen Vu Quoc Huy, Acting Rector, Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, with other Leader from Medical Universities in Vietnam attended the 2019 World Federation for Medical Education Wolrd Conference held in Seoul, Korea with the theme “Quality Assurance in Medical Education in the 21st century”.
World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) was established on September 30th, 1972 with the aim of improving the quality of medical education worldwide. Being a non-governmental organization with 6 regional representative offices in Pan-America, Africa, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, Western Pacific Ocean and Southeast Asia, WFME has a close relation with World Health Organization and other organizations belonging to United Nations such as UNESCO, UNICEF, UNDP…
This international conference was held after 16 years since the last World Congress in 2003 in Copenhagen, Denmark, aiming at the main contents: considering the process of implementing the training program having been accredited by WFME, how to precisely accredite these programs, checking whether universities have developed training output standards appropriate to the circumstances of universities, country and region, how to implement post graduate training in the context of a comprehensive medical training system with lifelong learning and quality improvement, especially issues related to post graduate medical training accreditation.
Associate Professor NGUYEN Vu Quoc Huy, Acting Rector, Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
with other Leaders of Medical Univerties around Vietnam at 2019 WFME Conference
Attending the conference were many prestigious speakers of WFME and Medical Universities around the world with 12 reports in 4 plenary sessions; 57 reports in 17 symposia and 3 workshops; 84 oral presentations and 146 posters; in which Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy is the only selected institution of Vietnam for oral presentation with the topic “Training against Medical Errors Using Virtual Patients as an Alternatively Effective Approach for Competency-based Education” resulted from the project TAME (Training Against Medical Error) funded by the Erasmus+ Program of the European Commission. The Leaders of our University, simultaneously, with other medical university counterparts throughout the country will contribute their ideas, develop new standards for accrediting training programs and important improvements in medical training in the world and region for decades to come.
Representatives from Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy took picture with
Professor Ducksun Ahn, Vice-President of The World Federation for Medical Education at 2019 WFME World Conference
With this WFME World Conference, we hope to make great leap forward with regards to the quality of medical education, thereby ensuring that the training output could have appropriate standards in line with the current globalization trend and contributing to improving the health and quality of life of people and communities in the future.
- H.E. Mr. Paul JANSEN – The Belgian Ambassador to Vietnam visited Hue University of Medicine and PharmacyThe decision on appointing the Rector of Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy for the tenure 2019-2024 announcedThe Graduation ceremony of the 5th class and the Opening ceremony of the 7th class of International Master of Medical Biotechnology, a joint training program between Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and Sassari University, Italy.
- Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy organized a Mock Test to evaluate students using UBT technologyThe opening ceremony of international master course on nursing with KhonKaen University, ThailandThe Ambassador of Australia paid a visit to Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Hue University Of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Hue Science Festival International PhD Students’ Symposium Program Outline for April 27th 2018
- Hue Science Festival: International PhD Students’ Symposium Call for Abstracts
- Workshop on Infection Diagnosis: Call for Applications
- Celebration program of 60th YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
- The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN) Project Officer
- Extend the deadline for bids submission on Italian ODA project
- Inivitation for tender of providing equipment for the project "Training Against Medical Errors"
- Request for proposal of Consultancy services for Architectural planning, design and supervision and for training activities at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy