|Acting Dean:||Dr. Tran Tan Tai, DDS, PhD.|
|Vice-Dean:||Dr. Nguyen Van Minh|
|Dr. Hoang Anh Dao|
In 1975, Department of Odonto-Stomatology was founded with 5 staves who participated in both teaching students and treating patients at the clinic. In the 1980s, the teaching staves were complemented with Odonto-Stomatology doctors trained in Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Noi and pediatric dentistry-oriented nurses. The Department has been training full-time Odonto-Stomatology doctors starting from 1999.
On 10/11/2004, Faculty of Odonto-Stomatology was established on the basis of upgrading from Department of Odonto-Stomatology. Initially, the Faculty used to have 3 Departments. Currently, the Faculty consisted of 4 Departments: Oral Surgery - Periodontology, Maxillofacial Surgery - Prosthodontics, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics - Pediatric Dentistry – Orthodontics, Basic Dentistry - Community Dentistry.
Besides continuing to develop both quantity and quality of the teaching staff, Faculty of Odonto-Stomatology also focuses on the improvement of facilities and equipment, contributing to better teaching, studying and scientific researching results.
II. ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE
Board of Management of the Faculty throughout the years:
- From 1975-1991: Duong Dinh Phong, DDS
- From 1991-2004: Nguyen Toai, DDS, Specialist level 2 Doctor, PhD
- From 2004-2009: Nguyen Toai, DDS, Specialist level 2 Doctor, PhD
- From 2009-2012: Associate Professor Nguyen Toai, DDS, Specialist level 2 Doctor, PhD
- From 2014-2016: Tran Thanh Phuoc DDS, MSc
- From 2017- present: Tran Tan Tai DDS, Specialist level 2 Doctor, PhD
The Faculty is divided into 4 Departments with 46 staff, including 41 lecturers and 5 teaching assistants:
- Department of Oral Surgery – Periodontology
- Department of Maxillofacial Surgery – Prosthodontics
- Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics - Pediatric Dentistry – Orthodontics
- Department of Basic Dentistry - Community Dentistry
ORGANIZATIONAL CHART OF FACULTY OF ODONTO-STOMATOLOGY
III. EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Prosthetic technicians: From 1980-1982, 4 prosthetic technicians were trained.
- Odonto – Stomatology part-time trained doctors: From 1983-1988, 11 doctors were graduated within 3 courses.
- Full-time trained dental students: Has been recruiting continuously since 1999, the initial enrollment target was 20 students, so far it has increased to 100 students.
- Odonto – stomatology - oriented doctors
- First degree specialist since 1999 and second degree specialist since 2006
- Participating in teaching and foreign students who come and visit our Faculty: France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, USA, Japan.... Responding to the emulations:"Teach well, Study well"; "Say no to negatives in examinations and credit-driven practice"; "Every teacher is a role model of morality, self-study and creativity" launched by the school.
1. Undergraduate training program:
- The Faculty is training following program:
- 1st semester: total number of students: 1067, number of hours of clinical practice: 1575; number of lessons: 360; teaching subject: full-time dental students, full-time medical students, fourth-year nursing students, part-time preventive doctors, part-time nurses
- 2nd semester: total number of students: 1324; number of hours of clinical practice: 1970; number of lessons: 275; teaching subject: full-time dental students, fifth- year full-time medical students, third-year nursing students, fifth-year traditional medicine students, fifth-year preventive medicine students, part-time medical doctors, part-time nurses
- Complete the training program of dental students in the direction of integration based on basic competency standards of the Ministry of Health under the HPET project.
- Implement new curriculum in the school year 2018-2019
- Coordinate the compilation of curriculum, teaching and learning theories as well as clinical practice using active teaching methods, checking students' study rules regularly, organizing examinations, taking tests seriously and marking papers on time.
- Implement the regulations of the school on the assessment of modules.
- Organize graduation exams and 13 graduation thesis defense for sixth-year dental students in May 2019.
- Assign staff to assist 10 dental students in 10 graduation thesis proposals in the academic year 2019-2020.
- Training American Medical Students in FutureDoc project
2. Graduate training program:
- Complete the work of teaching and holding graduation exams for final-year classes, final exams for each credit.
- Call admission for first and second degree specialist in the academic year 2019-2021.
- Currently, the faculty is training for sudents of specialist level I, specialist level II, Master, Residency
- Associated courses:
- ENT Master- Resident: 6 doctors
- First degree emergency specialist: 1 doctor
- Holding final exams for each credit, graduation exams for 1st and 2nd degree specialty classes.
- Participating in revision, doing tests and monitoring in postgraduate exams in the academic year 2017 – 2019.
- Prepare thesis defense for 2nd degree specialty and master classes ( 2017 -2019)
3. Textbook compilation:
- Always improve and innovate in teaching methods and content to suit the students.
- All faculty teaching staff have achieved and exceeded the assigned standard hours
- Complete the graduate textbooks and receive the approval.
- Complete the compilation of the postgraduate textbooks.
IV. RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION
- There are 03 scientific research articles published in foreign magazines in 2019
- Co-instructor 03 overseas students: 01 in Japan, 02 in Estonia.
- Instruct thesis of Master and 2nd degree specialist
- Completed in instructing 13 final-year students to defense their thesis. Continue to instruct 13 fifth-year students to conduct graduation thesis.
- Complete the training course and receive dental implant certification in 12/2018.
- Regularly coordinate with dental companies to organize continuous dental training (GC, Dentium, Viet Dang, 3M ...).
- 02 Hue University-level projects 2016-2018 has been approved, continue to sign for two new Hue University-level projects in 2019.
- Assist final-year dental students to report at the Dental Conference and ongoing training organized by the Vietnamese Dental Association in Quang Ninh in May 2019, winning 1 third prize and 1 consolation prize.
- Many teaching staff participate in specialized scientific conferences in the country to improve their qualifications for teaching and treatment
V. INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- Coordinate with Global Care association - South Korea operated on nearly 30 patients with cleft lip and palate in March 2018.
- Collaborate with the School of Dentistry - Chonbuk National University - South Korea to perform surgery for 26 patients with cleft lip and palate in July 2018.
- Coordinate with Connect Med to provide free surgery for patients with facial deformities
- Work and expand relationships with international partners: School of Dentistry, Chonbuk National University - Korea, Estonian Dental University, Tokyo Medical University - Japan, Connect Med Inter - USA , Devimed - Germany.
Faculty of Odonto-Stomatology
- Hue Science Festival International PhD Students’ Symposium Program Outline for April 27th 2018
- Hue Science Festival: International PhD Students’ Symposium Call for Abstracts
- Workshop on Infection Diagnosis: Call for Applications
- Celebration program of 60th YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
- The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN) Project Officer
- Extend the deadline for bids submission on Italian ODA project
- Inivitation for tender of providing equipment for the project "Training Against Medical Errors"
- Request for proposal of Consultancy services for Architectural planning, design and supervision and for training activities at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy