USAID organization and HAIVN project went on a mission at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
The support for Vietnam health system through a comprehensive approach to strengthen the capacity of health workers in the curriculum renewal was one of the objectives that the Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN) organization aimed at.
With the financial support from USAI and in collaboration with three Vietnam medical universities: Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy, HAIVN attempted to launch the project proposal called “Improving Access Curriculum and Teaching in Medical education and Emerging Diseases Alliance (IMPACT-MED Alliance)
On October 5th 2016, Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy welcomed and worked with representatives from HAIVN and USAID. Mr. Ezra Simon, education experts, the representative of USAID in Vietnam; Mr. Todd Pollack, the director of the National HAIVN in Vietnam; and Dr. Nguyen Quang Trung, Deputy Director of HAIVN in Vietnam. Speaking of members of Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Professor Cao Ngoc Thanh, the Secretary of Communist Party, Rector of Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy; Associate Professor Nguyen Vu Quoc Huy, Vice Rector and leaders of some and related departments had a meeting together to discuss about the deployed plans.
The main content of the meeting was to find out about the current status of General Practitioner training programs in Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, to agree the plan to collect evidences for setting up the project outline IMPACT-MED.
Speaking at the meeting, Professor Cao Ngoc Thanh said that Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy was selected by the Ministry of Health as one of three medical training centers in Vietnam, which could provide national medical certificates. Therefore, the university assumed the responsibility for providing adequate health human resources to ensure the quantity and capacity of the central region - Highlands, mainly focusing on training general practitioners based on Medical reform provisions of the Health Ministry. The university was also grateful to some health organizations who were always interested in and created favourable conditions for development cooperation and hoped that the upcoming policy will function well in term of health care for the central region - Highlands. The university also hoped that with the close cooperation between Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and the international partners, especially the United States in recent years will be further developed in the upcoming period. The university was committed to creating favorable conditions and good cooperation with other sides to implement the activities on schedule and targets.
Phuong Thao, Oct 5th, 2016
Photos of Activities
- Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy organized a Mock Test to evaluate students using UBT technologyThe opening ceremony of international master course on nursing with KhonKaen University, ThailandThe Ambassador of Australia paid a visit to Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- The Signing Ceremony of Cooperation between Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and KAIOKAI Corporation
News & Events
- Hue Science Festival International PhD Students’ Symposium Program Outline for April 27th 2018
- Hue Science Festival: International PhD Students’ Symposium Call for Abstracts
- Workshop on Infection Diagnosis: Call for Applications
- Celebration program of 60th YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
- The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN) Project Officer
- Extend the deadline for bids submission on Italian ODA project
- Inivitation for tender of providing equipment for the project "Training Against Medical Errors"
- Request for proposal of Consultancy services for Architectural planning, design and supervision and for training activities at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy